The house is reached via a flight of stone flagged steps and the huge front door leads into the main, oak floored entrance hall from where the gas centrally heated accommodation includes dining and kitchen areas perfect for relaxed dining and socialising. The kitchen is fitted out with antique pine units and includes a fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave oven washing machine and a Rangemaster Excel 110 dual fuel cooker. The huge picture windows throughout the ground floor take in stunning views of the imposing Derbyshire limestone tors. The large dining table can accommodate up to 22 people. The property also benefits from WiFi throughout the building which is perfect for you to bring your own streaming services such as Netflix or Amazon Fire Stick and use our Chromesticks to watch on the big TVs.
Accommodation includes two reception rooms each with wood burning stoves and 42″ TVs with Chromesticks and DVD players; a large kitchen with Rangemaster gas cooker and a dining room large enough to accommodate all 23 guests. Upstairs there are 7 large bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, 3 of which are ensuite.
The main reception room shelves are stacked with a diverse range of books with something for every age and interest. The majority of the vintage books in the collection were supplied by renowned book sellers Scarthin Books of Cromford (just around the corner from Lyndhurst and well worth a visit). Just off the second reception room is a games/garden room with table-football and a selection of books & games, double patio doors lead out to garden and BBQ areas.
An imposing dog-leg, wooden staircase leads to the first floor where you will find:
- Bedroom one with 2 single beds
- Bedroom two with a king sized bed plus single bed
- Bedroom three with king sized bed with double sofa-bed and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom four with king size double bed
- On the first floor is also a family bathroom with ball & claw foot, freestanding antique bath, separate shower plus Victorian style washbasin and toilet.
A second flight of stairs leads up to the second floor and:
- Bedroom five with a double bed plus two singles and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom six with a king size bed and single bed plus en-suite shower
- Bedroom seven with a double bed plus two single beds
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower, toilet and hand basin
All bedrooms have 22″ LCD DVD combi televisions with freeview TV.
Outside the property has:
- BBQ and patio area to the rear – ideal for alfresco summer entertaining
- Lawned gardens to the side and front
- Street parking immediately in front of the property
- Excellent views and day-long sunshine