Please read the “Terms & Booking Conditions” before completing and returning the “Booking Form”.
- Lyndhurst (“the property”) is offered for hire subject to confirmation by Derbyshire Holiday Cottage Services Limited (“the owner”) to the renter (“the client”).
- To reserve the property the client should complete the booking form on the website, together with payment of the non-refundable deposit, (30% of total cost). On receipt of this the owner will forward a confirmation. This is the formal confirmation of the booking.
- The balance of the total cost is payable 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to relet the property. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- The number of guests occupying the property must not exceed the maximum number offered on the website unless by prior agreement with the owner; should this condition not be observed, the owner retains the right to refuse entry to any or all guests within the party. The client will be charged for any guests exceeding the number specified at a rate of £100 per day per additional guest or £500 per 7 days per additional guest.
- The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day for weekly and long weekend breaks. Short weekend breaks commence at 4pm on the Friday and finish at 4pm on the Sunday.
- The client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property and to leave it in the same condition as found.
- The client must provide details to the owner of any outside company that will be providing goods or services (eg. outside caterers, spa treatments, butlers etc.) at the property during the client’s stay.
- The client will not remove any of the contents from the property or make any addition or alteration to the property.
- No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of damage to, or loss of personal property of the client. The client is responsible for insuring his own contents and personal effects kept at the property.
- The owner is entitled to refuse to hand over the property to the client or repossess the property if the owner reasonably believes damage has been caused or is likely to be caused to the property by the client. These circumstances will be treated as a cancellation by the client, no refund of monies paid will be made and the owner accepts no liability towards further costs incurred by the client.
- No pets are allowed in the property unless by prior agreement and a supplement is paid.
- No Candles of any type are allowed and the client would assume responsibility for any damage.
- No smoking or vaping is allowed in the property. Smoking related fires invalidate the insurance, and the client would assume responsibility for any damage.
- In the event of a cancellation by the client, refunds of the amounts paid will only be made if the owner is able to re-let the property. Any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refunded amount. The client is strongly recommended to arrange comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation cover), baggage, personal belongings and public liability etc., as these things are not covered by the owner insurance.
- The owner shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliances in the property or garden.
- Force Majeure – we DO NOT cover you for your stay being unavailable due to natural disasters, terror attacks, acts of war, hijacking, riots, incidents of civil unrest, pandemics (for Covid -19 see section 17) , epidemics, or general restrictions on movement imposed by local or national Government, which may prevent you from staying with us. We would strongly advise that guests take out a travel insurance policy which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your stay. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Covid-19 – During the Covid-19 pandemic, the owner may be required to cancel the booking in line with Government guidelines or laws and local or national restrictions, in which case the client will be able to re-book their stay with us during the next 12 months subject to availability and all monies paid will be transferred to the new booking there may be a supplement if the alternative booking is at a higher price.
This contract is governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England. Note. These booking conditions will be included in the booking confirmation.